Our company is wholly committed to both protecting and respecting your privacy.
Along with our Terms and Conditions, this policy outlines the collection and processing of your personal information by us. To fully understand our practices regarding your personal data, please read the policy information carefully.
Following the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is City Garden.
Information we collect
The following personal data may be collated and processed by us:
• 1.1 Any information that is provided by you when filling out forms on citygarden.org.uk (our site), as well as through our app. This can include: information provided during app download, submitted booking enquiries via the website, app or through email, requests for further services, or problem reports. Information can include your name, telephone number, address, age, email address, username, password, property details, credit card information, personal description, information regarding pets, as well as any photos you may have provided.
• 1.2 We may keep a record of any correspondence between you and the company.
• 1.3 You may be contacted in regards to completing surveys for marketing purposes. You are in no way obligated to respond.
• 1.4 Technical information may be automatically collected from you when using our app. This can include: the type of mobile device used, the mobile operating system and network, time zone and mobile browser.
• 1.5 We may also collect technical information when you access our website. This can include information such as: your IP address, browser and operating system type. You will not be identified using this information, which is statistical data only.
• 1.6 Other information, including weblogs and accessed resources, traffic and location data, required for billing purposes may also be collected.
• 1.7 Your current location may be collected by our app to provide location-enabled services.
• 1.8 Some carefully-selected third parties may provide us with information about you.
Cookies play a crucial role in helping us understand our users’ interests and preferences. This allows us to tailor our website to better suit your needs and provide you with a more personalized browsing experience. Cookies also help us to analyze the performance of our website in order to continuously improve and enhance it.
Types of cookies we use
These cookies are essential for the functioning of our website and cannot be turned off. These cookies enable you to navigate through our website and use its features. They also help in storing your preferences, such as language and currency settings.
These cookies help us to gather information about how our website is being used by our visitors. This information includes details such as the number of visitors, which pages are most frequently visited, and the duration of the visit.
Cookies are used by our website to distinguish you from other users. This is done to provide the best user experience.
• 1.9 Any data collected from you may be transferred and stored at a location within the European Economic Area. Your personal data may also be processed by employees outside of the EEA, who work for us or/and our suppliers. This can be done when processing your order, payment details, and can also be used to provide support services. Submitting your personal data means that you agree to this transfer, processing or storing.
• 1.10 Any and all information collected is stored on secure servers. All payment details are SSL encrypted for your protection. It is your responsibility to keep your passwords private and confidential.
• 1.11 City Garden can protect your data, but we cannot in any way guarantee the security of personal data that is transmitted to our website. Any transmission of data is done at your own risk.
• 1.12 Our company uses your information to:
(a) Provide the best presentation of our site/app content for your device.
(b) Arrange service provision and manage booking enquiries.
(c) Allow you to participate in interactive service features.
(d) Carry out and complete our contractual obligations for you.
(e) Notify you about changes/alterations to our content and provisions, including website, app or services.
(f) To provide you with useful information about services and goods which we think may be of interest to you. This can include information provided by third parties. You retain the right to opt out of receiving these messages at any time by following the contact details below.
• 1.13 Information shared with your allocated service provider may include:
(a) Your name, contact details and address;
(b) Details about your premises, including photographs provided, as well as services required;
(c) The quote we have provided (non-binding);
(d) Your payment info.
• 1.14 Your personal information can be disclosed to any member of our company group, as outlined in the UK Companies Act 2006, section 1159.
• 1.15 Information disclosure to third-party companies:
(a) Your data may be disclosed to any prospective buyer or seller of any business assets sold or purchased by the company;
(b) If the company’s assets are acquired by a third party, the personal data of customers will be transferred;
• 1.16 You retain the right to refuse that our company processes your personal data for the purpose of marketing.
• 1.17 The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you.
Links to third party websites
Our site may contain links to/from affiliated and partner websites. Our company cannot be held responsible for the content or privacy policies of such sites, and we do not accept liability for them.